Saturday, February 12, 2011

LCPL Kristina's 21st Birthday Card & Teacher V-Day gifts

This card is for a servicewoman overseas who will celebrate her 21st birthday while deployed.  I found out about it on the Operation Write Home Facebook page and knew right away I had to be a part of encouraging this brave, young woman.  Her mom said her favorite colors are pink and brown so I went back in my stash to long ago supplies.  Paper is Making Memories, rub ons on pink chipboard are from Heidi Swapp, molded rubber H negative is from Scrapworks, 21 is metal numbers (I think from Making Memories as well).  All oldies but goodies I've had around for probably the last 5 years.  Glad they are being put to good use!

 This is a sample of the teacher gifts I'm giving out for Valentine's Day this year.  The paper is from Stampin' Up from a year or two ago, the tag is stamped with SU Riding Hood Red using a stamp from the SU Yummy set (it says "with love") and the tag is from the office supply store.  You can't see it but I punched a small heart using an SU punch and adhered it to the top of the lid.  I got the tube from my local scrapbook store in Mineral Wells, Texas: Cat's Creations Scrapbooks and they were only $1 each.  I filled the tubes with cherry sour balls - mmmm, mmmm, yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment