Friday, February 24, 2012

Mother's Day | S&S #107

I've been working on Mother's Day cards for OWH this month.  There is a special challenge to send in half Mother's Day and half general-themed cards (see the link on my sidebar).  Also, I am entering this in the OWH Midweek Throwdown Challenge which is for Mother's Day as well.  My friend Nikki at Melonheadz Illustrating had this wonderful little poem that just worked perfectly for my cards paired with some Basic Grey Bittersweet collection paper, ribbon and buttons.  Don't be surprised if you see it again paired with some other papers!  Oh, and I used another OWH Stars & Stamps sketch - #107 this time.  I need to go farther back and do some of the older ones, too, if I ever hope to do all of them in 2012!!
The poem says:
Gentle words I hear you say
Your kind hands help me each day
You're my mother, kind and true
Dearest Mother, I love you.


7 comments:

  1. This poem is so sweet, as is your beautiful creation. I especially like the colors and layering :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super Mother's Day card. Great little poem. Your paper choices are wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The poem sentiment is wonderful and so is the way the papers coordinate. Great card. Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown Challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps!
    ~Lee Mae
    Operation Write Home
    MWT Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card, sweet poem, great colors, cool sketch .... winning combination. I am inspired. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the poem. And the card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That poem is just perfect -- your papers are wonderful too. The sketch is perfect for your card too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nikki's artwork is so adorable. Very nicely done Allison. Great job coordinated the papers too!

    ReplyDelete