Thursday, February 16, 2012

Stampin' Up for Mother's Day | Sketch Inspiration 305



I'm doing the best I can to keep up with the challenge thrown down by Cat of Cat's Creations Scrapbooks to create a project with every week's sketch from Sketch Inspiration, but I am quickly falling behind.  I chose to create cards instead of scrapbook layouts because I thought it would be easier for me to stay up-to-date.  Apparently for me, it doesn't make much difference one way or another!  LOL

I'm also working on Mother's Day cards for the Operation Write Home Challenge (details are HERE).  I don't have a lot of Mother's Day stamps or digis that I really love, so I tried to get a bit creative here.  I used several SU stamps to create my sentiment "I {heart} my mom" so that it would fit with the sketch.  I was pretty pleased with how it turned out as "creating" my own sentiment by mixing and matching stamps is outside the norm for me.  :-)

Card Supplies:
stamps, ink, cardstock, 3/4" circle punch - Stampin' Up
embossing folders - Sizzix
bling - Bazzill


1 comment:

  1. Love your card! You know...I don't have many Mother's Day sentiment stamps either (if any) have not come across any just yet and I'm wanting to make Mother's Day cards for OWH too. Hmmm.. May have to just type up my own on the computer. Off to find some sentiment ideas....:)

    ReplyDelete