Thursday, October 4, 2012

CAS using paper scraps!

CAS means Clean and Simple!  While this isn't really my usual style, I aspire to be able to do CAS cards well, so I do follow several of the clean and simple style blogs.  One of them called Clean and Simple Stamping provides sketches and this one just spoke to me.  I could envision all of the possibilities of cards I could make with the TONS of scraps of patterned papers that I hoard - leftovers from scrapbook pages or mini albums mostly.  The number of cards I made in one afternoon was only limited by the time available.  I could have gone on making cards with this sketch for weeks or even months!  LOL

One tip when making single layer CAS cards is to use the best possible white card stock for a base.  I normally use the Georgia-Pacific white card stock from Walmart because I have many layers on my cards, but for CAS I use the "good stuff" from Papertrey Ink!

Here's the sketch:
3/4" wide strips - start with 6" long (if available) and trim the excess

And here are some of the 23 cards I made:
Bo Bunny Paper - Hero Arts Year Round Sentiments - Memento black ink

Three Bugs in a Rug Paper - Hero Arts Year Round Sentiments - Memento brown ink

Three Bugs in a Rug Paper - Hero Arts Year Round Sentiments
I added an extra strip of paper because my ink (SU! Pumpkin Pie) smudged!
Challenges:
Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown Challenge - Thinking of You
Moxie Fab World - Thinking of You for WCMD Week

10 comments:

  1. What fantastic cards you came up with. I think I'm going to have to copy this wonderful sketch. This particular sketch would also allow us to get more adorable cards made for the heroes. Thanks for the link, I'm heading over there now. CAS is my favorite type of card, so that one is for me. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sketch and awesome way to use up scraps! Whoo Hoo...23 cards in one session. You go! I had to play catch up yesterday afternoon on my personal goal of making 72 cards for OWH by TOMORROW and made 12. I'm almost "there." May use this idea you've shared to make even more. Thanks for sharing!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful sketch and lovely cards as well.
    Wanting to sign up to receive your email newsletter but wasn't able to find such a place. :{
    ColleenB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this sketch and these cards! I'm going to use this! Way to go Allison!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great sketch Allison and the timing is perfect for me to swipe the idea this weekend. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great - what an awesome sketch and I LOVE the cards you made! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect. I want to give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great sketch... and you made cute cards using it too!! :) ~Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards and a wonderful sketch Allison. I love all the papers you used, but those owls will have me chuckling all day. Yep, I'll be using the sketch too. Fantastic job of 23 cards in one session. You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete