Saturday, November 26, 2011

Hambo Hoedown - Computer

When I first saw this image, I thought to myself, "Really?!  I'm supposed to make a card with a picture of a computer?"  Well, I managed to do it and also make it a LOVE card for Operation Write Home! (More about that in a minute)  The other challenge at the Hambo Hoedown this week was to use something soft as in "soft"ware, so I chose ribbon as my soft item.  They don't call it a CHALLENGE at the Hambo Hoedown for nothing!

So, the deal with Operation Write Home and LOVE cards is that Archway will send a package of their delicious cookies with every LOVE card we send to our shippers by December 10.  For the address of the nearest shipper, click here.  For more details on the Archway/OWH Special Mission, click here!  The goal is to send 5,000 LOVE cards so that our deployed troops can receive 5,000 packages of cookies.  Now that's a lotta cookies!

Card Supplies:
image - Hambo Stamps
LOL-Lots of Love sentiment - Create with TLC
patterned paper - My Mind's Eye Love Me collection
red cardstock - Stampin' Up Riding Hood Red
pink cardstock - DCWV textured cardstock stack
Copic markers - C3, C5, R35, B00, Y15
ink - Memento tuxedo black
bling - Heidi Swapp (ruby)
ribbon - Stampin' Up Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon
sketch - Stars & Stamps sketch #24

6 comments:

  1. It turned out great! I was thinking it was quite a challenge as well. Hope to work on a card for it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I need that card to send to my son, who is a bit of a computer geek. He is living on his own now but he still needs to know his mom loves him, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out super cute!! You did a great job with the challenge and I love your layout~!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the layout, I love the LOL sentiment and your coloring of the computer, but I think my favorite thing is the perfect little knot in that ribbon! I struggle with tying bows or making knots look nice, so I commend you for your great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh this is adorable!! I like how you used coordinating papers and the little rhinestones on the white to tie it all together. PERFECT! Thanks for joining us at the Hoedown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how cute; I LOVE the papers, what a great layout. Great use of the digi - adorable!

    Thanks for joining us at the Hambo Hoedown this week!

    Hugs, Michele

    ReplyDelete