Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Hambo Hoedown - Doghouse Blues

Sorry for the late post today - I'm getting ready to leave on vacation and had lots to do, but there was NO WAY that I was going to miss doing the Hambo Hoedown challenge and risk getting out of the loop on the progressive challenge!

This week's digi image from Hambo Stamps is called Doghouse Blues.  We were challenged to also use dog tags, dog bones or metal charms.  I found this VERY old Frances Meyer paper with dog bones on it in my scrap stash.  It must be at least 11 years old because I used it for something in my classroom the first year I taught in 2000!  The sentiment (punched with Stampin' Up Word Window punch) is mounted on a bone that I cut with my Cricut Expression using the Create A Critter cartridge.  So, I think I did a good job of covering all the bases with the dog bones, don't ya think?  I used my Nestabilities for the circle and scalloped circle, added some Diamond Glaze to the windows, and, of course, used paper scraps from my stash.

2 comments:

  1. Nice touch with the Diamond glaze. I use mine a lot. It just adds that extra touch. Pretty neat bone paper. Bet no one else has it. lol I also have paper that is that old

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on this Allison! I love the blue color and your sentiment in the bone. I hope you have a great vacation! Thanks for taking time out to play in the Hoedown~!

    ReplyDelete