Friday, February 8, 2013

Birthday Candle Card


We made a card like this at my SU! Stamp Club with Christi Beck.  I liked it so much that I bought the punch I needed to be able to make the flames so I could duplicate the card again!  To see the original card, go HERE.  All of the supplies are from Stampin' Up except the ribbon which perfectly matches the SU! Pool Party paper - it's from my monthly ribbon club with Really Reasonable Ribbon.

I'm entering this card in the Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown Challenge from January 30 to make birthday cards.  The shippers are in need of birthday cards, so if you have the time and the mojo, make a few so our soldiers can wish their friends and family Happy Birthday even though they can't be there to celebrate with them!

My friend Sandy T. started a challenge on her personal blog called Sandy's Crafty Creations!  The monthly challenges are Anything Goes with a Twist.  This month's twist is to make it a birthday card, so here's my entry!


4 comments:

  1. Love it! Fabulous birthday card. What a great layout and design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your birthday card! Those candles are great! I may have to check that punch out because these would be really fun quick cards to make. Thanks you so much for joining in on my Happy Birthday challenge on my blog @ Sandy's Crafty Creations! I think you are just a tad confused though but that's okay. I have TWO challenges going on. LOL This one is on my personal blog and it's once a month--the Anything Goes (any type craft item) using the current theme (the twist) which this time is Happy Birthday. The Cards in Envy challenge is a sketch this time and I'm co-host with a friend and we have a separate blog for that challenge. :) You can find it at: http://cardsinenvy.blogspot.com/ Again, thanks for joining in my challenge! Oh yes, the Cards in Envy Challenge is twice a month and right now it's a sketch but the next challenge will be themed. Sorry you got confused but you did get the right card linked to the right blog. :)
    http://cardsinenvy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card design Allison, especially because it's perfect for any age or gender. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and looks like its fairly easy! Good to see you entered Sandy's Challenge!

    ReplyDelete