Saturday, February 16, 2013

OWH VCMP - Texture Omit

The third challenge at the OWH Presidents' Day Virtual Card Making Party involves something I've never tried before - texture omit.  I will have to admit that it wasn't easy and I certainly did not perfect this new technique.

My biggest problem was making the homemade embossing diffuser.  If I could have gotten that right, these cards may have turned out better!  I used two pieces of chipboard and still got a little bit of embossing where it was supposed to be omitted.  Then I tried a third piece of chipboard but then my embossing was not crisp and clean.  Hmmmmm...at least I tried, right?!


This was my first attempt, but you can't even see the embossing in the photo!


This was my second attempt.  After going back and looking at the sample card again, I realized that it was done on white card stock and then inked to make the embossing stand out more.

Card Supplies:
embossing folder - Cuttlebug swiss dots
stamp - Hero Arts Essential Messages
red ink - Tim Holtz Distress Inks fired brick
ribbon on both cards - Really Reasonable Ribbon

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to trying all of these. You can't see the texturing in this size of photo but when you click on it and get the larger size, I could see the texturing! If you want you could use the same effect with the ink on the first one to help the embossing to show up. Maybe use white ink or maybe spritz it with pearl mist? Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete