Monday, May 21, 2012

Doodle Pantry - Quirky Hen

Good morning!  I need to find a "use it" or "hoarder" challenge to enter this card into because I've hoarded this We R Memory Keepers Fiesta paper collection for over a year.  This is only the second time I've used it!  As soon as I saw the Quirky Hen image from Doodle Pantry this month, this paper jumped to mind because some of the pinatas are hens, so I thought it would work well together.  I used the outline version of the image and my Copic markers (see the photo below for the colors I used).

This card is my entry to the Sketches for You to Try monthly challenge for May (see the sketch below).  But, don't forget about the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge also!  It's still running until May 24, that's this Thursday - so get moving to earn your free digital stamp set of Scuba Sheep just for playing along.  Everyone's a winner at Doodle Pantry!





15 comments:

  1. Great card you made and the paper fits the hen perfect! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very festive..I love the colors!! Great card Allison :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is gorgeous Allison!!!! Love the layout, your colors, and that GORGEOUS paper!! It all works so well together!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you used these papers! Nice card! Thanks too for your comment at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My Gosh....I love love your chick and those fab papers and colors. Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She works perfect with that paper! I think I've been hoarding those papers too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! Great, colorful creation with beautiful coloring and mix of patterns and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The papers are a definite plus to coordinate with the Quirky Hen. A fun and festive card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Allison, you are so right about this being perfect papers....funny how some papers just speak to us and hared to cut!!
    Love your design with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bright colors. Your background paper works very well with this image. Isn't it funny how we all hoard certain things. My new philosophy should be "just use it!" LOL! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the bright papers in the background and you aced the sketch. Glad you found the will to use up some of your 'hoard', this is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bright papers for a Quirky Hen, fantastic Allison!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful mix of papers with that image! Love your take on the SFYTT -- thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the brightness of this card. Great use of papers...

    ReplyDelete