Tuesday, May 29, 2012

OWH ODBD Challenge | Five Elements

FIRST, THE WINNERS OF MY MEMORIAL DAY BLOG HOP CANDY ARE:

1. Sherry Hickey
2. Donna Nuce

AND FOR BEING FOLLOWER #100 - Renee!

CONGRATULATIONS! 
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR MAILING ADDRESS TO: mallisonr at aol dot com

Wow, that's a lot of acronyms in my post title, isn't it?  Well, OWH is Operation Write Home - we make cards for the deployed troops to stay in touch with home.  And, ODBD is Our Daily Bread Designs - each month they sponsor a challenge at the OWH blog and if 50 people submit cards, then they sponsor the shipping costs for two boxes of cards to be mailed overseas AND give away prizes to their store, too! This month in honor of Cinco de Mayo, the challenge is to use 5 elements on your card.  Wow, I had to give this a lot of thought as my cards are usually pretty basic.

My 5 elements are:
1. Patterned paper from Teresa Collins Carolina Breeze 6x6 paper pad (I've been hoarding this because I just love the color combination!)
2. Stamps from Stampin' Up - Four Frames and the thank you from You're My Type
3. Stampin' Up Decorative Label punch
4. My Mind's Eye Kraft Funday twine
5. Bazzill self-adhesive jewels

Oops, I have more than 5 so it wasn't as hard as I thought after all:
6. Button from my stash
7. OWH Stars & Stamps sketch #45 (I'm still trying to work through all of them!)

The deadline for the OWH ODBD Challenge is June 1.  If you haven't submitted your card yet, please do!  As of May 28, there were only 44 submissions and mine will make 45 - just 5 more cards to get the shipping for the second box of cards sponsored!!!

3 comments:

  1. Love your card! Five elements, huh? Some how I missed seeing this challenge. Guess I should go have a look in my crafty room, maybe I have a card that will qualify or surely I could make one before the first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and congrats to your blog hop winners!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful!!! Love the patterns and grays :) So excited to be your 100th follower and to have won a prize! Thanks a bunch :)

    ReplyDelete