Thursday, May 17, 2012

Scrapbook Retreat Card #3

This was another card that was good for trying new techniques but will NOT be sent to OWH because there is nowhere to write!  We used a Tim Holtz die to cut the butterflies on the edge.  The first time I did it, I had the die turned backwards and had to start again.  The second time (what you see below), I had the die turned the right way, but didn't get it as close to the edge as I should have.  I might be willing to try this type of die on a card again though...it's a very elegant look, don't you think?  I love the bright colors they gave us to work with.  I almost forgot, the butterfly on the front wobbles, too!  I had never done that before and that was LOTS of fun.


3 comments:

  1. I loved this card! Haven't looked at it again but could we put white on the floral part for OWH writing? Just a thought. I loved the butterfly edge so much I bought the die so I can cut some more! Have I done any yet? No, but I hope to soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison, this is gorgeous! I am enthralled by the design and makes me want to run out and buy the die. The colors are eye-popping fabulous!
    Have you tried adding a white rectangle (scored) in half lengthwise); line up the score line with card's base score line and adhere...The rectangle would be centered when the card is opened and if narrow enough it would not show when the card is closed. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had so much fun making this card! Glad you liked it. I want the die too! Can't wait for Cathy to get them in! Like the ideas from Pat & Sandy for ways to add room for writing. Might be a OWH card after all!

    ReplyDelete