Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Bugaboo 12 Days of Christmas - Days 10 & 11

We're getting near the end of the Bugaboo 12 Days of Christmas Challenge.  The last challenge has been posted and the deadline for submissions is in 2 DAYS!  Tomorrow I will be posting Days 7 and 12 and then it will be over.  :-(  I will be sad to see it end as it's been so much fun.  I also can't wait to see if I've won anything - especially that grand prize of the new 12 days of Christmas digi stamp set that the Bugaboo Design Team has been showcasing throughout the challenge.  It looks so cute!

Without further ado, Day 10's challenge was to make a masculine card and Day 11's was to make a card using plaid.  I thought I could combine the two since plaid is VERY masculine.  Who knew it was so difficult to find plaid holiday paper in the gobs and gobs of paper that I own.  I finally ran across this old, old paper from SEI called Alpine Frost that had some plaid in it.  I have to say that even though I love the Nutcracker image from Bugaboo, I didn't have any marker colors to coordinate with this paper so I just colored it the way I wanted to.  Not one of my best cards...oh well, we all have those days, don't we?

Challenges Entered:
Bugaboo 12 Days of Christmas - Day 10 Masculine
Bugaboo 12 Days of Christmas - Day 11 Plaid

Card Supplies:
image - Bugaboo Stamps
Copic markers - C3, C5, E00, Y15, G19, R29
patterned paper and cardstock - SEI Alpine Frost
dies - Nestabilities long rectangle and long scalloped rectangle

Since I wasn't in love with this image on this paper, I decided to pull the image off and use it on some brighter paper later.  I added some more items from the SEI Alpine Frost collection along with a rub-on from Bo Bunny Christmas Greetings and created a finished card that looks a bit better.  I'm thinking maybe it's the plaid paper that I'm not in love with!  LOL



2 comments:

  1. Perhaps not your best card but still a good masculine and simple card and I love the nutcracker! And the coloring seems to work at least in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE the brightly coloured nutcracker! Thanks so much for joining us on our "12 Days of Christmas challenges" at Catch the Bug.
    luv n huggz
    Jen Leeflang
    BUGABOO/CATCH THE BUG DESIGN TEAM MEMBER

    ReplyDelete