Thursday, December 1, 2011

Stampin' Up Christmas Card Re-done

UPDATE: My first design team card for the Seems A Little Sketchy challenge blog is featured at Bugaboo's blog.  
They are sponsoring our FIRST challenge.  Check it out here!  

A few years ago all of my Christmas cards that I sent out were similar to this one.  I had 8 of the snowman stamped images leftover still, so I improvised on things I didn't still have or things I had borrowed from my friend Pam which is why I call this card "re-done."  The snowflakes at the bottom of the card on my original was a Stampin' Up stamp wheel of snowflakes which I must have borrowed from Pam.  To replace that, I used a snowflake stamp from Inkadinkadoo.  I didn't have the same exact ribbon from the last time, so I used just plain red ribbon.  I didn't have the Happy Holidays sentiment that I used before (again, I must have borrowed it from Pam), so I used a different Stampin' Up sentiment from Loads of Love accessories.

Every year I send out about 60 Christmas cards to family and friends.  This year is the year that I'm using all the "leftovers" from the past few years.  Well, today I discovered that I was 27 cards shy of 60, so I had to get busy making cards.  These leftover stamped images helped move the process along quite a bit.  I love when a plan comes together!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Sixty handmade cards?!! {faint} I know you can do it and we make that many for OWH but...making that many to send out to friends and family. Well, I have not gotten into that just yet. Don't tell anyone but I just buy cards. Sometimes I dress them up a bit if possible.

    ReplyDelete