Friday, May 20, 2011

Hambo Stamps - DT Application Submissions

I have stuck my neck out and really gotten out of my comfort zone this time!  I applied for the Hambo Stamps Design Team.  I've never done anything like this, but Hambo makes some of my favorite images, so I thought I'd go for it.  They sent applicants two different images and asked us to make at least one card - I made both into cards.  We were asked not to use sentiments from other companies, so I came up with my own.  We're supposed to hear today.  I will be so dang surprised and happy if I'm chosen!!!

Wee Henry with his swimming gear reminded me that summer is coming and my daughter can't stop asking me if it's time to go swimming yet, so Wee Henry is ready for a "Summer Full of Cannonballs."  I used Bo Bunny papers and added some Diamond Glaze to his goggles for a more realistic feel.  I will also post this at OWH Midweek Throwdown - Summer Fun!


For the ice cream man, I came up with a sentiment that is very true for me: "Ice Cream Makes Every Day a Good Day!"  I used new Echo Park Paper called Summer Days and the twine is from My Mind's Eye Lime Twist collection.

4 comments:

  1. Allison, both of these cards are awesome!! Congrats on trying out for the Hambo DT! I love Wee Henry with his floatie, and the way you did the circular sentiment. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Allison your cards are just darling! Best wishes with your design team position, I hope they pick you! Thanks for playing in our challenge at Operation Write Home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both terrific "summer" cards Allison! Your cards are always so much fun I think you'd be a great DT member for Hambo. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sentiment you did for ice cream man!!!

    ReplyDelete