Saturday, December 22, 2012

Kids' Cards for Operation Write Home

We all want to do something to honor and remember those who lost their lives in Newtown, CT last week.  Operation Write Home is calling us to action:


In light of the tragedy in Newtown, CT a week ago, we’d like to encourage everyone to make cards appropriate to send to children. Our heroes are far from their little people and can’t hug them to reassure them that they’re safe. I’m sure the lines at the USO’s computers are long with those wanting to Skype with their families – but let’s give them plenty of cards they can write home on, and that the children can tuck under their pillows at night.

All themes are great…just use images, colors, and designs that will make kids smile. Include both boys and girls, and think about wee little ones as well as teenagers. (And be extra sure things are glued down well so little kiddos don’t pull things off and eat them – don’t ask how I know!)



To see the entire post, click HERE.

I am committing to make 20 kids' cards to send in my next box to Operation Write Home - won't you join me?

Here is my first card - I used a pre-colored image from Melonheadz Illustrating along with scrap wrangled patterned paper and ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon (solid black) and from my stash (black and white polka dots).  Melonheadz Illustrating has some cute kids storybook sets - I plan to use the fairy tale set to make more kids' cards to reach my goal of 20.


2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I may have to get this image. Remi really likes Rapunzel! I thought I would work on some kids cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome idea Sandy had for OWH! I need to post about this too and maybe get others in on it! I love making kid's cards. Love this pink creation of yours and the adorable image!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete