Saturday, March 12, 2011

AnyHero Cards with MelonHeadz Illustrating Images

I've been working hard on AnyHero cards because besides sending them to Operation Write Home, I also send a few with every box I send to my contact in Iraq from AnySoldier.com (see right side bar for a link to this worthy cause).  As I was browsing some quotes from AnySoldier.com late one night, I came upon the brilliant idea to turn some of the more memorable quotes into images for cards. 

Now, I have lots of talents, but drawing ain't one of 'em!  So, I called on my good friend from blogland Nikki who is a VERY talented artist.  (She calls them doodles, but they are definitely art to me!)  She whipped up about 4 images for me (I haven't done the Twinkie card yet, so stay tuned for that one!) and I whipped up the cards.  THANK YOU, NIKKI! 

All of Nikki's images are freebies, so go check out her blog (MelonHeadz Illustrating) and become a follower - you won't regret it.  She's so talented that the images may not stay freebies forever so grab 'em (and thank her) while you can!
This one says, "It's funny...they will forget to eat, drink and sleep, but they will always remember to check the mail!"

This is my favorite.  "Some heroes wear a cape and ride in a batmobile.  My hero wears camo and rides in a convoy!"  That quote is from the daughter of a deployed servicewoman - from the mouths of babes, right?!
This one says, "It's good to read about history but amazing to make it!"
This image is available on Nikki's blog for everyone and says, "My country 'tis of thee - Sweet land of liberty!"

THANK YOU TO ALL OF OUR SERVICE MEN AND WOMEN AND 
THEIR FAMILIES FOR THE SACRIFICES THEY MAKE ON A DAILY BASIS!
WE APPRECIATE YOU!

10 comments:

  1. Allison! I'm so proud of these cards! You did an AWESOME job!!!! I love it! You have such an eye for deatils when you put them together.... and to spend so much time to send them to our servicemen and women...You're fabulous! xox, Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are great. And I love Nikki's creations too. I didn't see that cape and batmobile one though, is it just for you or can I have it too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Allison! Your Any Hero cards are just fabulous, what a great idea you've had to turn the quotes into art, I love it! Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog this morning too. Hugs, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are soooo good!! You and Nikki seem to be a good team! I think I'm going to ask her to draw a female soldier for me... can't find one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards, Allison!!! Just wanted to head over here and let you know that you won the OWH candy off my blog. Check out the challenge, too...40 cards in 40 days could win you more goodies...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely awesome cards, Allison!!! They're sooo prefect for OWH. Nikki did a terrific job on her part too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cards are so wonderful Allison!
    I have a son who is in the Army and stationed in Iraq right now and I would love to make something like this for him and his buddies.
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Lisa H.
    lisastuf.blogspot.com
    lisastuf at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Allison, these AnyHero cards you created from Nikki's artwork are fantastic!! Did you try the autopost thing for Facebook? (I haven't tried it.) I just know everybody would love to know about Nikki's freebies if they don't already know. I love her work and am now a follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These cards are just fantastic! Bless you for sending them out to our heroes!! I'm a huge fan of Nikki's and will be using a lot of her stuff for OWH cards as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these cards Allison! I have become a follower so I can keep up with your wonderful creativity! Thank you, particularly, for sharing the links to the free art you have used on your cards - it opens up many new avenues for my own OWH digital library. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete