Saturday, March 19, 2011

OWH Virtual Cardmaking Party on Facebook TODAY!

I will be adding to this post as the day goes on, so keep checking back for more entries! 
Here's the link to the party!

Challenge #7 (Last of the Party - Boohoo!) - Love Card with a Stamped Image
I used all Stampin' Up stuff - cardstock, patterned paper, stamp, ink and punch - from about 2 years ago.  I CASE'd my friend Pam C's layout.  Her blog is Scrap Rehab.  Go leave her some love so she'll come do cards for OWH instead of just giving me some to mail with mine!  LOL


Challenge #6 - Nikki's (MelonHeadz Illustrating) Soldier Bear
No problems coming up with a card for one of Nikki's digi stamps!  I paired it with Paula's free sentiment that can be found at Handmade by Paula.  Both ladies have done TONS for OWH!


Challenge #5 - Heat or Dry Embossing
Well, I initially took the challenge to try something I really had never done before (even though I had ALL of the supplies to do it!).  I gave heat embossing a shot!  My first attempt was a complete failure.  Below you will find my second attempt - not much better since the embossing powder didn't stick to the entire image, but at least it embossed when I heated it.  Don't worry, I won't be making a card with this lame attempt.  I spilled gold embossing powder all over my work area, so I will clean it up and do a dry embossed card - something I KNOW I can be successful at!  Thanks for the CHALLENGE!
My attempt to heat emboss!
 My successful dry emboss with Cuttlebug stars folder and free image from Nikki at MelonHeadz Illustrating.  The free sentiment is from Shannon's Sentiments.


Challenge #4 - Sights and Sounds of Summer Inspiration
This was by far the easiest challenge all day!  I have lots of beach paper and for me summer=beach!


Challenge #3 - Vest Card with Tutorial
Wow, I knew this would be a hard one for me, but I think it turned out okay for my first try at one!


Challenge #2 - Photo Inspiration Mother's Day Card
The photo had big flowers in very bright, bold colors.  (My photo of the card looks a bit washed out.)  It took me a while to "pull it together" until I went to my handy dandy sketches.
This is OWH S&S Sketch #29.

Challenge #1 - State Flag Thank You Card: Texas
The first one is a replica of the Texas flag.  The second one looks more like the 
French flag even though it's the colors of the Texas flag - LOL!

1 comment:

  1. Allison - It looks like you had a blast at Saturdays FB Card Making Party and all of these cards are terrific. I LOVE the Texas flag inspired Thank You especially! I'm so glad you visited my blog and have been able to put some of my freebies to such good use. :)

    ReplyDelete