Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I got an AWARD!

Thank you, Gracias, Merci, Danke to Ginnie (Rainbows N Butterflies) for my first ever Stylish Blogger Award!  I'm figuring out this blog thing slowly but surely with the help of blog friends like Ginnie and Yolanda who are always willing to answer my questions and be my own private help desk.  They've helped me so much that this weekend I'm paying it forward and helping a friend start her first blog!
I am supposed to share 8 random things about myself and then pass the award to 8 other wonderful bloggers.  Since I started making cards for Operation Write Home I have become totally addicted to other cardmaking/digi stamp blogs.  I love seeing what others have done, learning from them and getting inspiration from them!

Here are 8 random things about me:

1 - I used to be a competitive springboard diver - back in the day, high school and earlier that is!

2 - I broke my wrist last year during ice skating lessons.  I thought I could keep up with my 8-year-old daughter.  I guess I can't anymore!

3 - The reason I can't keep up with my 8-year-old daughter anymore is because I'm one of those women who gets labeled as an "older mom."  My daughter was born when I was 37 years old - you do the math!

4 - I am Caucasian, no one in my family speaks a second language and yet I am fluent in Spanish!  How?  I have a bachelor's degree in Spanish translation and languages come easy to me.  I studied Spanish, French and German all at the same time in high school.  It was heaven!

5 - I'm one of those "anal" scrapbookers/cardmakers who has to measure everything.  I would lose it completely if someone hid my ruler from me!  Sometimes that comes in handy though.  I was organized enough to prep scrapbook pages for a scrapbook cruise so that I was able to complete 100 pages during a 7 day cruise!

6 - My biggest fear is running out of paper products like toilet paper, tissues, paper towels.  So, I have a HUGE supply in reserve.

7 - I made the switch from PC to Mac 3 years ago and I will NEVER EVER EVER go back!  Just upgraded to iPhone 4 today - woohoo!

8 - I love to teach!  I always wanted to be a teacher, but my teacher mom and my high school Spanish teacher dissuaded me.  It didn't matter though because after 2 bachelor's degrees and an MBA, I decided to become a teacher after all.  Before my daughter was born, I was a high school Spanish teacher and now I'm a substitute teacher at her private school.  It's in my blood - I can't help myself!  I even taught Zumba classes when I wasn't teaching school.

Here's what to do next:
1) Thank the person who gave this award to you and link it back to their blog

2) Share 8 things about yourself

3) Pass this award to 8 other individuals

4) Leave a comment so that they can pass along the recognition!

Here are 8 bloggers that I'm passing the award on to:

Nikki
Velda
Shirley G
Seongsook
Jan
Pam
Julie
Sara

You should be able to right click on the award, and copy and paste on your post! 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Allison, that's so sweet of you to think of me.

    hugs ~ Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! the things you learn about people thru awards!! You sound like a lot of fun and I am so glad we have become blog-buddies!!

    email, facebook, or blog me anytime! i love seeing your creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Allison. It is fun, but took a long time to write up everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it! Thank you so much (((( you )))). You really should live next door to me, 'cause I think we'd have loads of fun! You crack me up! It was really fun to learn a little about you!
    xox Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  5. .... AND you got some more followers!!! yaaaaayy!!

    ReplyDelete