Thursday, March 17, 2011

Scallops Anyone?

I just LOVE to kill two birds with one stone when it comes to crafting projects!  I was trying to get a few more Mother's Day cards done for my OWH box that I shipped this week PLUS I was eager to enter my first Catch the Bug Challenge over at Bugaboo Stamps' blog.  The Catch the Bug challenge and the  OWH Midweek Throwdown challenge were both Scallops.  How convenient, right?!  Here are the Mother's Day cards - both with scallops:
This free image is from Nikki at MelonHeadz Illustrating.  What mom wouldn't love to receive a dozen roses?!  I used my Nestabilities oval and scalloped oval as well as Word Window punch and Modern Label punch from Stampin' Up.
This free image is from Handmade by Paula.  On this one I used my scallop blade in my Fiskars trimmer for the first time.  While it makes scalloped edges a breeze to cut, I didn't like the unevenness of the corners - some ended up pointy while other ended up rounded the way they should be.  I think I still prefer my Stampin' Up scallop border punch or my scallop-edge Nestabilities!  Gotta give me points for trying out something new though, right?!

NEWSFLASH: Stamp Fairy has blog candy to give away when they get to 800 followers.  Check it out here! And, here's a photo of it to entice you to go enter to win:


6 comments:

  1. Very pretty mom cards! And kudos for trying out a different tool! We've got to justify those purchases, right?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute flower cards! thank you for joining this weeks Bugaboo challenge at catch the bug!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Mother's Day cards Allison! Some coincidence huh? :) Thanks for playing in our challenge at Catch The Bug, we hope you'll play in many more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home too Allison :)

    Hey, I did a tutorial about digital papers and it's set to post on my blog Tuesday, March 22nd at 7:00 AM, hope you like it! Hugs, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards that are going to make someones mom very happy! I was so excited to scroll down and see the tulips digi I did way back when. I am so glad to see it being put to use. Thanks for being a pert of OWH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I wish I could color like that!
    Hummer Hugs,
    Misty
    http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
    hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete