Friday, October 19, 2012

A CASE'd Christmas Card

I belong to a Stampin' Up Stamp Club and bought these ornament stamps and the matching dies for them.  I hadn't inked them up yet when I saw this card by Deborah Robb in the Operation Write Home World Card Making Day Blog Hop.  I instantly knew that I wanted to CASE her lovely card!  Thanks for the inspiration Deborah.


Deborah Robb's Card

My version of the card
Everything is SU! except the patterned paper is Bo Bunny.

I thought this would be a quick and easy card, but it wasn't.  Maybe because I decided to do 6 at one time.  I figured if I was stamping and die cutting I might as well make a few!  I had to stamp all of the ornaments in black and die cut them, then stamp them in red, die cut them and cut the toppers off before glueing them to the black bases.  Then I stamped the round ornaments in green, used the 3/4" circle punch to punch out the center and pop them up on the red ornaments.  That was the most time-consuming part of the project.  After that, it's all just assembly.  I used Cherry Cobbler and Lucky Limeade for my red and green.  I also decided that since my background was green, I would use all red ornaments so they would stand out against the background paper.

CHALLENGES:
ABC Christmas Challenge - U is for Up to You (any Christmas theme)

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful CASE! And I love your card. Maybe time consuming but certainly looks worth it!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison, be sure to check my blog today. I've left a surprise for you in one of my posts!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember seeing this card. You did a great job making your own. beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love CASING something inspiring and you did it! Bravo...your card is WONDERFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! I may have to CASE your CASE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Allison! You put a lot of work into this card and it shows. Beautiful! Makes me want to get the ornaments out...early.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a stunning card, Allison. Pretty stamps and i like the colours. Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Love, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I like this!! I see some borrowing in my future!

    ReplyDelete