Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of School

Today is my daughter Kaylie's first day of school in the 3rd grade at Fort Worth Country Day School.  I made this card for her teacher Mrs. Goldman along with some other goodies (see the pics below).  We sure hope she likes them!
Card Recipe:
Image - Bugaboo digi stamp (JJ Calendar Months-September)
Paper - Scraps from my stash

I also made this cute mini clipboard for Mrs. Goldman.  It's great for jotting a quick note!  I got the idea from Amy Voltz's blog Love to Crop where she has all the dimensions for making this fun teacher gift.  I used cardstock from my stash and the apple is from the Cricut cartridge Locker Talk.  The "For my teacher" sentiment is from Doodle Pantry.  I made the rosette myself with a strip of paper that I scored every 1/4" and accordion folded - my first try at that and it came out looking great if I do say so myself!
For most holidays and occasions at school, I bake the best ever peanut butter cookies.  The teachers LOVE them!  The principal and her husband actually fight over them...I let him know when I've given her some so that she has to share and can't eat them all before heading home.  LOL  Anyway, that's what's inside these cute Chinese take out boxes that I bought year's ago on clearance after Valentine's Day.  These are for all four 3rd grade teachers, the head of Lower School and our new assistant head - we've already warned him how addicting these cookies are!  The tag uses a sentiment from the same Doodle Pantry school set as listed above as well as a Fiskars star punch.

5 comments:

  1. Super cute and thoughtful gifts. Hope your daughter has a great first day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison, these are so cute and wonderful! There must be some happy folks at Kaylie's school today. Good luck to Kaylie in 3rd grade! p.s. your cookies sound yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun gifts! Have a great school year Kaylie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that digistamp is too cute - i'm sure her teacher loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are such cute gifts!! i was thinking about decorating little notepads for the teachers also, but, of course, haven't gotten to it yet!!

    ReplyDelete