Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Miss U boy card

I've been trying to buy patterned papers that I think would be easy to use to make cards that young boys would like to receive from their deployed parents.  Since I have a girl, it's sometimes challenging for me to do masculine/boy cards. (Although she does like dinosaurs so I have LOTS of paper with dinosaurs on it!)  I thought this paper from We R Memory Keepers Out and About collection would be perfect.  I didn't even want to add an image, but rather I made the paper the focal point. 

I used a Stamp Fairy sketch from a recent challenge, even though I can't enter it into the challenge since it doesn't have a Stamp Fairy image on it.  That's okay though because I get most of my inspiration/mojo from sketches, and this was a REALLY good one!

I turned this one into a kit as well for another Operation Write Home card making party at Cat's Creations Scrapbooks in Mineral Wells, TX on Thursday, September 1.  After the success and warm fuzzies everyone got from making cards in July for the Operation We R Grateful contest and card drive, Cat decided to keep the momentum going and have a party every other month!  Yeah, Cat!

Card Recipe:
paper - We R Memory Keepers Out and About collection, cardstock from stash
sentiment - free digi from Handmade by Paula (another OWH'er!)
punches - Stampin' Up 1" circle and 1-1/4" circle
brads - We R Memory Keepers Out and About
sketch - Stamp Fairy (see link above)

1 comment:

  1. It's perfect! I love that airplane patterned paper. So adorable!

    ReplyDelete