Sunday, September 2, 2012

OWH Labor Day VCMP #10


This is the tenth and final challenge of the Operation Write Home Labor Day Virtual Card Making Party.  BOOHOO!  It was so much fun to play along and now I have lots of cards to send to my OWH Shipper.  If you missed any of the challenges, it's not too late to participate - the inlinkz will stay open for a week, but the blog candy deadlines may end earlier than that!

Our final challenge is to make a card that represents your state - how creative!  Since I live in Texas, this challenge is easy peasy.  I had so many images to choose from.  Some of the best Texas images I've ever seen can be found at Doodle Pantry - from realistic cowboy gear and longhorn cattle to fun characters like Cowboy Birdie and Quirky Armadillo to an I Love Texas bundle that includes landmarks, maps and bluebonnets.  So, if you are from Texas or live in Texas, head on over because there is a 35% off sale going on through Sunday, September 9!

For my card today, I chose to make a birthday card with the Texas-Sized Birthday pre-colored image and the digi paper from the Texas set.  I used ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon and SU! Midnight Muse cardstock.  This will come in handy with 9 September birthdays of family and friends who live in Texas!



We hope to see you at the Operation Write Home World Cardmaking Day Blog Hop on October 6! Clicking on the link will take you to the sign-up form if you are interested in participating.  If you just want to hop and admire all the creativity, there is no need to sign up - just show up!


12 comments:

  1. This is a great card - what a creative way to use "Texas".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this card! Wonderful job Allison! The bow is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous card Allison! I love it!!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Congrats on making it through all of the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun! Lots of Texans (and other Americans, too) would love this card! Your bow looks great. Thanks for playing along with my challenge and for organizing the VCMP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Texas card Allison! ( I think I must have been a Texan in a previous life :) Thanks for all your hard work putting together the VCMP. It's been SO much fun and I look forward to spending time tomorrow checking out entries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovin this Texas card - really clever with the cute sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Allison, you really nailed the challenge with this fabulous "Texas sized" birthday card. Beautiful creation and such a creative take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great way to use the stamp!! Lived in Texas for a while, and I did enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous and I love your patriotic colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is a GREAT card! Haven't done mine yet but am going to try.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card Allison! I love the papers you used.

    ReplyDelete