Sunday, September 2, 2012

OWH Labor Day VCMP #9


The fun continues through today! Operation Write Home is having a Labor Day Virtual Card Making Party with lots of challenges to get our creative juices flowing.  If you missed yesterday's challenges, it's not too late to participate - the inlinkz will stay open for a week, but the blog candy deadlines may end earlier than that!

Our ninth challenge of the weekend is to use a neglected tool!  It's a sad statement, but many came to mind...my Bazzill InStitchz, my We R Sew Ribbon, my ancient crimper and brayer, and all of my ink mists (too messy for my liking).  The one that won out was my Fastenator - had to have one at the time and never use it.  My friend Pam C. always makes fun of that thing and even gave me some of the "staples" that go in it one time as a joke!  So, I could make a TON more cards if the only challenge were to use a different neglected tool for each card.  How about you?  Can you list some of your neglected tools?  You may have some that I've neglected so badly that they didn't even come to mind!  LOL


Card Supplies:
Stampin' Up! - Old Olive and Melon Mambo cardstock, Melon Mambo ink, Perfect Punches stamp set, XL oval punch
Little Yellow Bicycle - Elizabeth Park collection including patterned paper and fabric bird sticker
EK Success - Fastenator and "staples"

7 comments:

  1. This is funny! I received the fastenators in a grab bag and didn't know how to attach them! I didn't realize you had to have a tool. I gave them away, but I learned something from you about them. Your little bird is too cute and your colors really pop. One more challenge to go - you've really kept up with the entire challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty, Allison - I love the colors! I'm happy to say my really neglected tools I have sold or given away... that crimper I had to have??? *cringe**

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Hey now - I love my crimper!!! Can say I too have a fastenator that I don't really use, but can't seem to part with.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card, and a cute story! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we are all hoarders!!! LOL!! great color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for playing along with our neglected craft tool challenge! I am loving all the dialogue this challenge has created. There are so many neglected tools out there! Your card is darling. I love the color selection and that birthday stamp is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is beautiful! Love the colors! Like the image and sentiment too! I finally got rid of my fastenator! I haven't done this challenge yet either.

    ReplyDelete