Sunday, September 2, 2012

OWH Labor Day VCMP #6

The fun continues through today! Operation Write Home is having a Labor Day Virtual Card Making Party with lots of challenges to get our creative juices flowing.  If you missed yesterday's challenges, it's not too late to participate - the inlinkz will stay open for a week, but the blog candy deadlines may end earlier than that!

Our sixth challenge and first of the day is to use our punches and follow S&S Sketch #136!  I was surprised that I don't have more shaped punches - I have squares and circles and ovals and borders, but the shapes I had were mostly too big for the sketch (SU! ornament and big heart punches).  I had one that I thought would work - my SU! heart to heart punch that has 3 different small hearts on it.  I also used my favorite SU! word window and modern label punches for the sentiment.


Card Supplies:
punches - SU! heart to heart, word window and modern label
patterned paper - My Mind's Eye Love Me collection
sentiment stamp - SU! Three Little Words
bling - Mark Richards

6 comments:

  1. I love the frame you put around your hearts - it really sets the rectangle off nicely. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two challenges one card, you are good. I love your papers and those hearts are just great. The brads are a nice finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am particularly drawn to the xo paper...can never have too much of that! Super trendy card! Super Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super cute - Love that background paper! Very Valentine-y. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so cute! When I went to make this card I realized I didn't have many shaped punches either. I haven't got this punch...yet! I like the chevron pattern! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute Card!! I love those little hearts!
    Hey! --from a fellow Texan! I'm in Arlington!

    Carolyn Mendoza-Canales
    www.CraftingWithCarolyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete